Mexican Sweet Corn CakePosted: July 18, 2012
My brother sent me this recipe a few weeks ago and asked me to make it! I had no idea what it was so I didn’t really know what to expect or think of it 😮
What I Changed:
- I used a 5 x 8 pan instead of 8 x 8 and reduced the baking time to 45 mins
What I Liked:
- Cornnn = 🙂
- It wasn’t very cake-like, which is good considering I’m not the biggest fan of cakes haha
- I loved the texture from the cornmeal!
What I Would Change:
- I feel like it tasted a little flour-y? Maybe reduce the amount of corn flour?
- I ate it when it was at room temperature, but I think it would taste best hot!
- My brother complained that it was not rich enough lol so maybe add more butter or cream?
- I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to find the masa de harina. Although the Stop and Shop that I usually go to didn’t carry it, a nearby Key Food did!
- Apparently, masa de harina and water are used to make corn tortillas…expect a homemade tortilla post soon!! :O
- Reminded me of the sweet corn tamales at the Cheesecake Factory, except these were a little chunkier. I’m sure I could puree the corn a bit more and make tamales from this recipe…adding the sour cream, tomatoes, cheese, etc. would make for a very pretty picture!