Mini Carrot CupcakesPosted: July 31, 2012
I’ve made this recipe multiple times before and it consistently turns out great! 🙂 One of the most reliable recipes I’ve ever come across.
- Used the leftover cream cheese frosting from the red, white, and blue cupcakes!
What I Changed:
- No raisins or coconut because they’re wack
- I definitely used over two cups of carrots, but I think next time I’ll probably just stick to 2
- I tossed the walnuts and carrots in with the wet ingredients and then added the dry. I didn’t see the benefit of separating them and adding them in later, and in the worst case scenario that would just lead me to over mixing?
What I Liked:
- Walnuts in cakes = yum!
- Carrot cake and cream cheese frosting = YUMMM
- Love the smell of carrot cake, it’s so warm and cinnamon-y
- I can try to convince myself that this is a relatively healthy cake, though it really isn’t
- This cake is really, really moist and fluffy
What I Would Change:
- Like I mentioned before, limit the carrot to 2 cups
- I might even consider running the carrots through a food processor next time, esp. if I actually make this cake for something important because personally I like the carrot shreds to be really, really fine aka pretty much nonexistent
- I want to drain a little bit of the pineapple juice next time. Not all of it, but at least some! The cake is definitely moist enough to be able to lose some of its water content, and the batter was just toooo runny to the point where liquid was separating itself out!
- I made zucchini bread the other day because it’s been on my bucket list for foreeeeever! Both recipes require flavoring a vegetable (or fruit, in zucchini’s case I suppose) with warm spices & sweeteners like cinnamon and brown sugar. As far as I’m concerned they’re the same thing with different proportions of ingredients. While the zucchini bread tasted pretty good, it was just a less-yummy version of carrot cake. I think I liked the carrot cake better because of its texture, but that was really my only preference.
- I also played around with a bunch of my newer frosting tips with these cupcakes. While I love the Wilton 1M, the others are meh…I need to do some research and figure out the other popular/pretty ones!!
- My brother reformatted my computer and I forgot to save MY BOOKMARKED RECIPES NOOOOOOOOOO. Mourning. Ugh