Espresso Chocolate ShortbreadPosted: August 8, 2012
I’ve been meaning to make these for a while now! Not only is this cookie one of the most “gawked” recipes (lol) on foodgawker, but it’s also been tested and praised by tons of food bloggers that I love! I’m not always the biggest fan of coffee/espresso flavored things, but I do love the combination of those flavors with chocolate ❤
What I Changed:
- Used the remaining Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chips and just chopped it up, increased the powdered sugar by about 2 TBSP
- Used Starbucks instant coffee instead of espresso powder because I just can’t seem to be able to find any…
- Made 1/2 of what the recipe called for because 36 seemed like a biiiiiit too much
What I Liked:
- Strong flavors, but not overwhelming. The espresso and chocolate stood out individually and complemented each other perfectly 🙂
What I Would Change:
- Nothing really? This recipe was pretty straightforward, and the results were solid!
- I forget which blogger mentioned this…someone wrote that once I added the espresso, I had essentially made espresso buttercream! Thought that was really cute haha
- I was afraid I had mixed too much, but in the end it turned out fine. The flour just took longer to become absorbed than I had expected 🙂
- Starbucks coffee is so strong x.x
- My brother requested my browned butter brown sugar shortbreads (he calls them sourdough instead of shortbread…) so I’m going to try to make that soon!
- Makes for a great tea cookie!