Mini Cake RuskPosted: December 23, 2012
AKA South Asian Biscotti? I am addicted to these things.
ALSO don’t they look like mini school buses or something in the second photo? Am I losing it? Haha
What I Changed:
- Increased the baking time by a LOT. Idk how the times written in that recipe would ever work. The first round of baking took almost 45 minutes, then I sliced. At 25 minutes the biscotti were completely uncooked. Slicing would have been impossible. The second round of baking took over an hour, I just kept checking and flipping the biscotti every ten minutes or so.
What I Liked:
- I can now make a baked good that I eat ALL THE TIME. Haha. My whole fam eats these fellas 🙂
- I really liked the large crumb!
What I Would Change:
- Some recipes called for oil instead of butter. I think next time I will experiment with oil and see if I like it better!
- I’ve seen some basic biscotti recipes that are more or less the same as this cake rusk recipe BUT they call for about three times as much flour…maybe next time I can try increasing the flour and seeing what happens?
- I need to remember to bring the eggs to room temperature–they caused the butter/sugar mixture to curdle up a bit!
- Is it cake rusks?! (As opposed to rusk) I have NO IDEA.
- The batter was SO thick…I haven’t worked with a batter like that in ages!