Buttermilk Chocolate CookiesPosted: June 2, 2013
What I Changed:
- I prefer my cookies thick/chewy in the center so I made the cookie dough balls a bit bigger than usual (plus, hers looked kinda flat)
- Added 1/2 cup walnuts
What I Liked:
- The Ghirardelli chocolate chips I used definitely stood out in terms of flavor
- Very soft and chewy, kept well for a few days and and transported well
- Wonderful when reheated for ~10 seconds and dunked into cold milk!
What I Would Change:
- I actually don’t think I liked the buttermilk flavor in these cookies–it tasted almost chalky, I think?
- Overall, it was fine (who would complain about a double chocolate chip cookie??) but nothing really stood out
- It was a great way to use up buttermilk, but I think I’ll keep looking…I’ve now been keeping an eye out for “Magic Custard Cake” recipes, which sound like they could be amazing or a total flop…guess there’s only one way to find out?