Sour Cream Coffee CakePosted: June 19, 2013
Coffee Cakes and Pound Cakes are my dad’s favorites 🙂
What I Changed:
- Had to mix by hand after the first addition of flour because there was just too much batter.
- Had to microwave the butter for 10 seconds because I decided to make this really last minute and I didn’t want to wait for it to come to room temperature. It worked perfectly! I sliced the butter into…16ths? lol. I could have done it for 8-9 seconds though, I think it was just a biiiit too soft.
- I baked for about 35 minutes, it was definitely NOT done at 30 minutes. I wish I had checked at 32 or 33 minutes though. I was really paranoid that it would dry out quickly. It’s been fine so far, though!
- Added about 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds rather than pecans or walnuts. Couldn’t really taste it…
What I Liked:
- I love the smell of cinnamon in the house…
- The texture was fantastic!
What I Would Change:
- I would want to add vanilla to the batter and not just the cinnamon mixture
- I wish there were a way to make this cake a little bit more moist.
- King Arthur Flour Recipes are usually pretty reliable I think. Their brownie recipe is amazingggg 🙂
- I don’t really like the way Ina Garten bakes (as in, her attention to detail, overmixing, etc.) so I don’t trust her recipes…Also maple syrup + confectioner’s sugar?? Wayyyyy too sweet ew.
- I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for some time now! I’ve made a sour cream pound cake before and it turned out fantastic!
- I wish I had gotten a photo of the bottom of the cake (there was more cinnamon topping there) but my brother was too impatient. Sigh.