Dark chocolate truffle-stuffed Chocolate Caramel Cake BallsPosted: December 24, 2013
Sooo this is also an insanely belated post…basically at some point a few months ago I turned the remaining “double chocolate cupcakes filled with caramel sauce” into truffle-stuffed cake balls!
- No real recipe…I just (1) scooped some of the frosting off of the cupcakes (2) turned the frosting into the truffles by rolling it into balls (3) mixed up the cake from all of the cupcakes (the remaining frosting and the caramel inside were more than sufficient as binding agents haha) (4) Assembled the cake balls by wrapping the cake around the truffles, and (5) dipped them in dark chocolate!
- To decorate, I did the usual “melt butterscotch chips and add a spoon or so of cream”
What I Changed:
- Don’t really think this applies considering I didn’t use a recipe lol
What I Liked:
- The cake balls went into the freezer for a few days before I got a chance to finally dip them in chocolate and decorate them…being able to temporarily freeze them was SOOO helpful/convenient in terms of managing my time. Plus I had a dessert to snack on in the freezer 🙂
- These would be good to give as gifts 😮
What I Would Change:
- They were really big, especially because of the truffle inside. I probably could have made them a teeny bit smaller lol
- I was scared these would be insanely sweet because of the caramel inside of the cupcakes and the powdered sugar on top of them. There were preeeetty sweet (especially for my tastes), but it wasn’t overwhelming 🙂 As a reference…definitely not as sweet as butterscotch chips are haha