Hawaiian Sweet RollsPosted: June 22, 2014
Such a wonderful bread! Recipe is definitely a keeper 🙂 The crumb is so pretty and it slices SO nicely!!
What I Changed:
- Made a half batch
- Used corn oil instead of olive oil
- Didn’t brush the top with butter, just used the egg wash
What I Liked:
- Super easy to make
- The dough was easy to work with, the knead was very manageable by hand
- This has been on my bucket list for a while! Now to obtain the actual Hawaiian Sweet Rolls from some place (never seen them in stores before) and see how the homemade ones compare…
- I love the subtle pineapple scent that these rolls have!
- Very soft
- So pretty to look at, especially after the egg wash!
- I made french toast with them the next morning…omg they were perfect!! Held up to the custard/soaking so well!
- A pretty healthy bread for a “sweet” bread, no? Though admittedly the sweet taste was very subtle
What I Would Change:
- Nothing! This is a solid bread recipe 🙂
- Apparently this bread is also known as Portuguese Sweet Bread…I LOVE all things Portuguese ❤
- I want to see how these compare to homemade brioche…or to a homemade challah bread 😮 (more excited about trying my hand at brioche though…mostly cause I love eating brioche hehe THANKS ARUSHI 🙂 )
- The gif on the website containing the recipe was SPOT ON.