Almost-Oreos (Chocolate Cookies)Posted: August 17, 2014
What I Changed:
- Went with the 1 cup of sugar
- Kept the dough in the fridge for two days but also made a batch immediately–no difference
- Also played around with the baking times, temperatures, and cookie sizes–for chewy, 8 minutes at 350 worked best. For crispy, 8 minutes at 375 worked best. Either way, what’s important is that the cookies needed to be flattened and shaped before going into the oven (as in, they shouldn’t be balls of dough). 9 minutes at 375 was overkill.
What I Liked:
- Crisp on the outside with a little chew in the center 🙂
- Glad I got to try another homemade oreo recipe! Even if I didn’t follow through with the filling, haha. I think I preferred the other one but this one was solid, too.
- I’m glad I’m building up my stash of chocolate wafer recipes, too haha. My fam loves them!
What I Would Change:
- Ummm…make the filling next time? Haha
- The quality of the cocoa powder makes a woooorld of a difference in these cookies!
- They are so addictive!! Too easy to munch on these…