Cream Cheese Coffee CakePosted: June 4, 2015
“Cheesecake” + Cake = ❤
A little hard to see the cream cheese layer up top, but it’s there I promise!!
What I Changed:
- Only used about 2/3 of the streusel topping, it was really overkill imo
What I Liked:
- Super easy to prep everything in advance and just kind of put it together when I needed it
- I think the cake flour really made a difference!
- This cake stayed moist for several days, which really surprised me! For some reason, I was convinced that it wouldn’t…maybe the cream cheese helps it to retain moisture?
- Froze really well too 🙂
What I Would Change:
- Reduce the amount of crumb that I prepare, definitely…
- Put the cream cheese layer in the center! I think it should turn out fine…I avoided it the first time around because I thought it wouldn’t cook enough in the center but I get the vibe that it should be good to go!
- There were some recipes that made a similar cake using yeast…adding it to my bucket list!
- I feel like the topping looks undercooked, but I thought it tasted fine? Idk, maybe I’ll try a different streusel recipe altogether next time