More Banana Cakes!Posted: June 4, 2015
Not my favorite, but still a solid recipe…with a lot of changes haha
What I Changed:
- 1/2 cup butter instead of oil, creamed with sugar
- Total sugar reduced to just under 1 cup (maybe 7/8 cup), most being shaved off from the white sugar
- Alternated adding dry ingredients and buttermilk/mashed banana mixture
- Baked in 9×13 pan at 350 for 30 minutes exactly, stuck it in the freezer to keep it moist
- Added 1 tbsp white vinegar to 2% milk because we didn’t have buttermilk
What I Liked:
- Very safe recipe, fluffy in texture–quite an addicting cake because it’s so light!
What I Would Change:
- Have I really not been adding cinnamon to banana bread? Need to add 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon next time…
- Maybe a bit more spongy (maybe springy, spongy reminds me of a texture that I actively dislike) in texture than I would have liked
- My family literally devours banana cake…
- Creamed butter is definitely the way to go!