Pudding CupsPosted: July 10, 2015
So many flavors!
- Peanut Butter Whipped Cream/Mousse: 2/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter, 3/4 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar, 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream–>Mix!
What I Changed:
- For the two puddings, I made sure to mix the sugar and cornstarch to minimize lumps, and then I added that mix to the liquid ingredients. Lastly, I just mixed in the chips/butter/anything else the recipe called for.
- Had to whisk CONSTANTLY. The white chocolate pudding turned out super smooth but the butterscotch was left to sit for a minute and it got SO lumpy with cooked egg. Strained both of them anyway!
What I Liked:
- I think I left the white chocolate one a bit too runny
- The peanut butter mousse was just barely sweetened, so it helped balance the sweetness of the pudding
What I Would Change:
- The butterscotch was wayyy too sweet! The white chocolate pudding was also super sweet but it wasn’t as overwhelming.
- Need to add more pretzels if I’m trying to add contrast to the sweetness! But overall the pretzels helped change up the texture a bit too, which was nice
- I think next time I make butterscotch pudding, I want to use a recipe that involves making the butterscotch from scratch. Hopefully it’ll make the pudding less sweet!