Peanut Butter CookiesPosted: July 12, 2015
What I Changed:
- Added butterscotch chips to some of them–it was a nice contrast to the texture (otherwise homogenous) and taste (otherwise only mildly sweet, maybe even a bit salty) of the cookie.
- Used chunky peanut butter
What I Liked:
- I actually really liked the look of the cookie – held its shape well…so as long as it looked good when I put it in, it looked great when it came out! A slight rise lead to pretty cracks on the surface 🙂
- Stayed soft for days!
- I liked the little chunks of peanut in the cookies from the chunk peanut butter 🙂
What I Would Change:
- I liked that the cookies were soft, but I was really looking for something with more of a chew…maybe a gooey center, closer to a chocolate chip cookie. Idk if that really exists with peanut butter cookies since I don’t think I’ve ever had one like that? But I guess I’ll keep at it!
- These would make great sandwich cookies I think, especially if I made them thinner! Maybe with a vanilla malt filling ❤
- Maybe add another egg? I feel like that could make them more chewy?
- Kind of alluded to this already…the cookies had very little spread, for future reference!