Honey Dinner RollsPosted: August 15, 2015
Dinner rolls have been on my baking bucket list for as long as I can remember 🙂
What I Changed:
- Only wound up using 2.5 cups of flour.
- Froze half of the dough before the first rise (though I’m thinking it may have been better to let it rise, shape, and then freeze?)
- Kept it in the fridge during the first rise due to time constraints (sounds like lab…) and then let it rise for ~30 mins once I got home. Baked for 13 minutes.
- Shaped the rolls before the first rise (so just after I kneaded). I’ve never understood why the dough has to rise before shaping, especially considering that shaping effectively deflates the dough and thus makes the whole process less efficient…something to look into, I suppose!
What I Liked:
- Soooooo fluffy…nothing beats fresh bread. Nothing.
- That layer of honey at the bottom was SO GOOD.
What I Would Change:
- Egg wash! Not sure why mine didn’t turn out with that pretty gloss 😦
- I ate three in one sitting…maybe I should have just made all 12.
- I looked for a tangzhong honey dinner roll recipe but couldn’t find one I liked
- I could totally turn these into cinnamon buns…or garlic knots!
- I need to get a video of the rolls being pryed apart..but I don’t have enough hands. Struggles.