Cheesecake-stuffed Mascarpone Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce…For BreakfastPosted: April 3, 2016
I started with French Toast as my goal, I promise…
- Got the idea to make this as a cheesecake loaf from the cheesecake-stuffed french toast loaf I posted previously!
What I Changed:
- Whipped up 4oz Cream Cheese, 1/2 Egg, 1/6 cup sugar, 1T Flour and a splash of Vanilla
- Assembled day 1 and let it sit overnight to soak, baked on day 2 and stuck it in the fridge to let the flavors meld overnight, and re-heated (~30 min) on day 3 with some cinnamon-brown sugar sprinkled on top to give it a niiice crunchy crust
- Made sure to separate from the sides of the pan while it was hot, but only turned it out after the re-heating. Important to grease well!
What I Liked:
- The ingredients were really well-proportioned
- The crust was a wonderful contrast to the softness of the bread and cheesecake
- The caramel…omg
- The caramel was super easy to make! I need to find a go-to caramel-in-pan recipe…I tried a pretty good one a few months back in an apple yogurt cake but I tooootally lost the recipe 😦
You can see the buttery caramel seeping through ❤
What I Would Change:
- Might try leaving the tbsp out of the flour and seeing how I like it next time
- I don’t know if I tasted the mascarpone…I feel like I would only be able to tell if I tried to make it without the mascarpone, if that makes sense? I also wonder how it would turn out with buttermilk!
- My new favorite banana cake recipe!!! I’ll keep experimenting but this is the best one I’ve made so far. (I’ve tried a bunch of banana bread/cake recipes because my family really likes banana bread but not one of them has ever stood out as much as this one.)
- I want to try other recipes from this blog! I really like it 🙂
In all its glory.