Mascarpone CheesecakePosted: April 3, 2016
Probably should have taken a picture…I guess it looked like an ordinary cheesecake though haha. But tasted toooootally different b/c of the almond extract!
What I Changed:
- Quartered the recipe, made a 4.5 inch and 8 or 9 babies!
- Added half tsp almond extract…probably a bit much. I feel like almond extract varies in strength depending on what other flavors are going on.
- Used a boring (but delicious) gingersnap graham cracker crust 😛
- Actually beat this by hand!! Hehe…I think I did a pretty good job, too!
What I Liked:
- I’ve wanted to try making a mascarpone cheesecake for foreeeever!
- The almond-mascarpone pairing was awesome
What I Would Change:
- Wish I had stuck to vanilla extract to be able to isolate the flavor of the mascarpone a bit more
- I also want to try this without Trader Joe’s Mascarpone, considering a lot of their dairy products have a weird aftertaste
- Pretty delish, overall 😀