Carrot Cake Bread PuddingPosted: April 28, 2016
Oddly enough, I wasn’t able to find many carrot cake bread pudding recipes online. First time that has ever really happened to me! (Not being able to find a flavor variation of a recipe, I mean)
What I Changed:
- Used TJ’s cornbread stuffing bread cubes b/c I didn’t like them much and couldn’t find a way to use them hehe 😛 Literally been sitting around since Thanksgiving…yay creative license!
- Boiled carrots first then grated to make sure they wouldn’t absorb the moisture. Then “fried” in brown sugar/butter
- Decreased brown sugar to 2/3 C, added some confectioner’s sugar on top
- Decreased carrots to 2/3 C just because I wanted to reserve a few for dinner 😛
- Added one egg b/c seemed mix seemed dry
- Accidentally added the vanilla while the carrots/brown sugar/butter were still hot so it evaporated the first time. Amateur move 😡 Re-added after milk and eggs were in
- Baked at 350 for…I dunno 40 mins? Until no liquid came up!
- Split into a loaf and an 8×8
- Added a handful of white chocolate chips to the loaf
- Omitted nuts/pineapple/coconut
- Whipped up some butter, mascarpone, and confectioners sugar for a frosting. Tried to make a “quenelle” but didn’t work hehe
- Sprinkled with some brown sugar
What I Liked:
- The white chocolate chips added a burst of sweetness, which was nice considering the bread pudding itself was low on the sugar. I think I actually prefer having those little bursts instead!
- The crust from the brown sugar! Love the crunch
- Glad I finally got to use those breadcrumbs! Have a few left 😛
What I Would Change:
- More white chocolate! 😛
- Would be great with some pineapple chunks/juice in there too!
- A bit on the dry side
- Yes, I was liberal with my changes hehe