Sweet Potato Rolls!Posted: April 28, 2016
What I Changed:
- Kneaded about 15-20 mins
- Turned into rolls
- Finally got some instant yeast! I still decided to proof it though, cause I was being paranoid
- Took about 25 minutes to bake
- Let it rise in the fridge for about 3 days before I finally got a chance to bake it off
What I Liked:
- SO SOFT and SO MOIST for DAYS.
- I imagine that this would have been a suuuuper straightforward recipe using very few bowls had I not decided to proof
- Very…interesting orange color haha
What I Would Change:
- Would be amaaaazing with some honey butter
- I actually wish it had been a little sweeter!
- It had a very yeast-y flavor/smell due to the long rise, and I finally understand what blogs mean when they say the overnight rise “develops” the flavor. At first, I was unsure of whether the instant yeast was the cause or whether the long rise was the cause. However, after using the instant yeast in other recipes immediately/without a long rise, I’m 100% sure it’s the long rise. I love finally solving the mysteries like that! 😛
- Little lumpy looking on the outside, maybe I’ll just knead a little more next time when shaping the rolls
- The dough was a little bit on the wet side, but not totally unmanageable
- Curious to see how adding plain potatoes affects bread!