Cookies and Cream CookiesPosted: May 3, 2016
I made the recipe kind of complicated…whoops hehe…
What I Changed:
- So I don’t even know what I did. I made milk crumbs (half batch of the recipe, didn’t use ovaltine or bother getting to the white chocolate steps). Pretty salty crumbs (wish they had clumped more) but super addicting omg. The issue was that I looked up weights but they seemed a little inconsistent with other recipes posted online…I think? Idk how the ovaltine omission affects things…my mistake, I suppose. Regardless, seriouseats has a recipe by weight which I’ll follow for the next batch hehe
- Incorporated the milk crumbs and added some extra milk powder for good measure, maybe a total of 5/8 cup milk powder?
- Used an equivalent amount of oreo thins
- Omitted the salt because the crumbs were plenty salty
- Used Hershey’s cookies and cream drops for fun instead of chips
- Baked approx 14 minutes for 2 oz. scoops at 350. Bottoms burn easily–need to be removed from pan immediately!
What I Liked:
- Reminds me of the way my momma toasts milk powder and puts it on her south asian sweets! Need to share this recipe with her!
- Glad I got to use milk powder in something!
- Oreo thins were 1232617269 times easier to break by hand!!!!!
- Amazing texture, super soft. Maybe due to the cream cheese? Have yet to focus in on that as an ingredient in cookies, got a few recipes on my bucket list 😛
- Cookies and cream drops were awesome!
- Definitely glad I didn’t use milk chocolate, I think it would have taken away from the cookies and cream effect.
What I Would Change:
- Would increase the butter in the crumbs, decrease the salt. But I guess if I get to the white chocolate step I wouldn’t do either of those things…
- Wish the milk crumbs had stayed whole, probably would have a bit more with the chocolate
- Very mild in flavor, imo. Wish the “cream” flavor stood out more. Don’t get me wrong, they were delicious with a phenomenal texture, but I think I was expecting more from the milk powder.
- If someone requested a cookies and cream dessert, I would go for this over a cookies and cream cheesecake, which has never really wowed me. But this isn’t on the level of cookies and cream ice cream, which I loooooove ❤
- Omg this cookie is 29375217351 times better after a few days of refrigeration