Yogurt CakePosted: May 8, 2016
After making the ricotta cake last week, I wanted to go back to playing around with a few “plain” loaf recipes.
What I Changed:
- Used full-fat greek yogurt (which, btw, is way richer than 2% but still has that bitter greek yogurt aftertaste)
- Used walnut oil!
- Omitted lemon zest
- Done after ~35 minutes
- I tried the batter to see if there was enough sugar. It tasted disgusting and salty…I almost didn’t bake it…but the final product was good. Never had that happen before…
Guess which one was on the bottom rack 😛
What I Liked:
- Very fluffy! So different from the ricotta cake in that sense
- Lovely rise
- Pretty brown top!
- Very easy. Wet and dry, sugar as a wet ingredient
What I Would Change:
- Maybe a crumb topping? Lemon icing? Sugar crust? Something to dress it up
- “Healthy” yogurt cake? Healthier than the ricotta for sure heh…
- I feel like I’m starting to get the hang of testing for doneness without a toothpick!!!