Whole Wheat Pistachio ShortbreadPosted: June 26, 2016
What I Changed:
- Pistachios instead of Almonds
- Toasted the pistachio flour
- Whole Wheat Flour instead of All-Purpose
- Swapped 1/3 C of All-Purpose Flour called for with 1/3 C of Pistachio Flour
- 1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar instead of 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- Baked 40 min at 300 in a wider pan
What I Liked:
- Very flavorful–could taste the pistachio!
What I Would Change:
- Wayy too buttery. Not sure whether there was excess butter because of the whole wheat flour reduction or because of the confectioner’s sugar instead of granulated (leaning towards the former). Regardless I’d start by cutting it in half and seeing how much is necessary to make a cohesive dough
- Could have been a bit sweeter on its own, but if adding to some sort of cream or other dessert, that wouldn’t apply as much
- I actually think this would have been great with one egg white whipped to stiff peaks folded in!
- Wanted to grab a photo but I actually wound up grinding them and incorporating crushed cookies to be able to use them as a cookie base for a later dessert 😡