Vanilla Cake with Nutella-Chocolate FrostingPosted: August 16, 2016
- 1 C Cocoa Powder, 1 C Powdered Sugar, 5-6 T Milk (to get to the right consistency, I left mine pretty stiff because I knew it was traveling), 1.5 C Nutella
What I Changed:
- So this is actually a recipe for a Texas Sheet cake that the blogger felt was closer to a brownie…I felt like it was closer to a cake 😛 A relatively dense, rich cake, but still cake. Maybe take out the BP for a more brownie-like texture?
- Baked in a 9×13 for ~25 min at 350
- Doubled the vanilla
- Browned the butter juuuuust a bit
- For the frosting, helps a lot to mix cocoa and powdered sugar with small amount of Nutella first – gets rid of lumps!
What I Liked:
Very easy to make, can be mixed by hand
- The sour cream added a nice tang that helped cut the sweetness
- Verrry moist 😀
What I Would Change:
- Would bake in a sheet pan and split in two for a layer cake!
- Would add half a teaspoon of almond extract to the batter (a lot of the original texas sheet cake recipes call for that, and I think it would really take the cake to the next level)
- Little bits of granola decoration came off in traveling…but otherwise the cake and frosting were super sturdy!
Now accepting models for my baked goods.