Parker House RollsPosted: August 21, 2016
Omg second favorite bun after the Amish ones!
What I Changed:
- Went with 50g potato flour
- Used 1 tsp salt
- Shaped as simple rolls
- Used 57g butter (half stick) in the bread and then just didn’t brush any on top…probably not traditional but helps compare between rolls 😛
- Made 17 rolls (these rise a lot!) and probably juuust underbaked (my preference!!), approx 19 mins
- Had to wet my hands to manage this dough, it was pretty sticky!!
What I Liked:
Very, very fluffy and light
- Right when they came out of the oven, the bottoms were super crispy!
What I Would Change:
- Would try an egg wash so that there’s more of a contrast between outside and inside, esp. if I’m underbaking
- Would increase the sugar by…2T? Or up the salt a hint, maybe to what the recipe actually calls for heh. Could use a little more flavor in these buns, though I loved the texture!
- Was it the egg that made these so good?? The milk?
- May have over-proofed these? But still amazing…
- Also didn’t get these as brown as they could have been but probably due to underbaking
- I think I may have under-proofed the “Soft White Dinner Rolls” so I’ll try that one again at some point soon
- Next on my list is a partial whole-wheat bun that also calls for potato flour and dry milk!
- Ah the sheet pan/silpat are amazing!!