Soft White Dinner RollsPosted: August 21, 2016
Back to breadmaking!
What I Changed:
- Swapped the instant flakes for half the potato flour
- Used 1 packet of Fleischmann’s instant yeast
- Baked at 350 for ~25 min, didn’t quite sound done but they were
- Brushed the tops with salted butter
- Reduced salt to 1 tsp
- Went with 198 g water
What I Liked:
Good potato taste 😀
- Very easy to make!
What I Would Change:
- Nice, hefty bite but not as luscious a mouthfeel or as soft as the Amish rolls…I wonder if it would turn out better with potato flakes?
- Did I not let it rise enough?
- Shawn thought it had a bit of an aftertaste, but I couldn’t quite detect it
- Didn’t get the guaranteed rise 😦 Again, maybe because of the lack of potato flakes…
- Get hard-ish in the fridge but can be warmed up in the microwave/toasted