Potato Wheat RollsPosted: August 29, 2016
Had a little bit of whole wheat flour that needed to be used up 😛
What I Changed:
- Actually did 3/4 a batch and it wound up using up the remainder of the WWF almost perfectly!
- Used freshly squeezed OJ
- Used sugar instead of honey because I didn’t want to start adding too many new ingredients in–wanted to be able to compare the buns a bit better…I read online that they are interchangeable in terms of sweetness and I just swapped them by weight but I’m not sure whether “interchangeable” meant in terms of weight or volume…or whether I believe they’re actually interchangeable
What I Liked:
Nice, whole-wheat-y bite
- Very, very soft for a whole wheat bread, and stayed soft for at least 3-4 days
What I Would Change:
- SO hard to work with this dough. Sticky, messy mess.
- Need to start using white whole wheat and seeing how that tastes…