Soft White Dinner Rolls, RevisitedPosted: August 29, 2016
Everything bagel topping makes everything better ❤
After the Parker House Rolls, I was thinking I may have under-proofed the Soft White Dinner Rolls a bit, so I decided to re-do them!
What I Changed:
- Made 1/4 batch
- Brushed the tops with water and a little bit of everything bagel topping
- Reduced the salt slightly
- Used potato flour again
- Went with the smallest amount of water
What I Liked:
This dough is SO smooth and easy to work with–doesn’t stick to your hands at all, really!
- Has more of a chewy/hearty bite than a lot of the other rolls, which I liked!
- I think this roll lets you taste the potato particularly well
What I Would Change:
- I really need to get into the habit of letting these cool on racks instead of on pans to help keep the bottoms crisp…
- Glad I decided to re-do these! I liked them a lot more the second time around, they felt much lighter
- Among the recent rolls I’ve made, my favorite one right out of the oven is probably the Golden Pull-Apart Butter Bun, with the Parker House Rolls coming in at a close second. I may have over-proofed my Parker House Rolls…they were suspiciously soft, to the point where they stuck to the roof of my mouth 😛 I’m sure I’ll make them again at some point! I’m also curious to test out other Parker House Roll recipes! But a lot of the others I saw didn’t necessarily call for potato or dry milk, so I can’t imagine them being as good 😛 In terms of which ones were my favorite 2-3 days later, I think it’s between the Soft Dinner Rolls and the Golden Pull-Apart Butter Bun.