Almond CakePosted: April 28, 2017
What I Changed
- Didn’t make the topping
- Sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar after they came out of the oven
- No coconut flour on hand so did the almond flour sub
What I Liked
- Light but also substantial in terms of texture. Also very flavorful!
What I Would Change
- I wish I had lined the pan with cinnamon sugar and sprinkled the top with it before baking as well!
- Might try toasting the almond flour prior to baking next time
- Might also add a smidge of almond extract too!
- Didn’t like the irregular air bubbles/texture
- I’m so curious to see how coconut flour would change this recipe, it feels like such a blank slate!
- I was hoping to recreate an almond cake I tried at The French Workshop, a relatively new bakery that opened up near me. Their’s was so plush and velvet-y, literally melt in your mouth ❤ Didn’t quite achieve that unfortunately. Will keep trying! The flavor was almost there, though!