More Homemade OreosPosted: April 28, 2017
Can you tell which ones had shortening?
- 2 Cups Butter 450g, .5 cup shortening, in half the dough, 3 cups sugar 600g, 4 eggs, 2 t van, 1 t salt, 1.5 t BP, 4/3 c cocoa 120g, 6 c flour
What I Changed
- 1/8 inch thin, Bake until PUFFED and the shine peaks
What I Liked
- Good flavor, stayed moist
- Retained its shape
What I Would Change
- The shortening ones spread so much more! I would stick to butter. But the shortening ones were also more tender…
- Dunno that I would choose this over the other ones I made but it’s also hard to remember…
- I am determined to find the perfect recipe for these guys!!!