Tres Leches CakePosted: January 8, 2018
What I Changed
- Sifted the dry ingredients
- Whipped whites+part of sugar and yolks+part of sugar up separately, added dry to the yolks and then folded in whites
- Used 1 C Heavy cream and 3 oz Mascarpone, 1/4 C Confectioners – Had to bring mascarpone to room temp first
- Caramelized the evaporated milk a little bit more and added some whole milk to compensate for volume…DELICIOUS!!!
What I Liked/Disliked
- Caramelization was def the right choice
- Not too sweet, surprisingly enough
- It rose a lot!!
What I Would Change
- I think I should have lightened yolks with whites first, it was too dry a mix and I felt like I was over-mixing the yolk part–made it a little chewy?
- Should have added liquid while it was hot! Big mistake
- Maybe should have added a thin layer of dulce de leche under the topping??